Thursday, September 5, 2013

Learning to be Resourceful

Before I start my post on "Learning to be Resourceful," I would just like to let you all know that I finally made Aaron his hat!


I think I'm finally getting the hang of crocheting! :)



So why did I title this post, "Learning to be Resourceful"? As I continue to discover more crafts, I realize how resourceful being a crafter can be. The scarves that I make cost me considerably less than it would to go out and buy a scarf. The cards I make—birthday cards, wedding cards, baby shower cards, thank-you cards, encouragement cards, holiday cards, etc.—with my stamps cost me considerably less to make than buying these cards at the store, and it also gives my presents a personal touch. I have also been making gift bags as I mentioned in a previous post, which also costs considerably less in comparison to buying a gift bag at the store.






And now, I can start making my own envelopes as well! Before, I was buying packages of envelopes at the store to go with the cards I've been making, but now I can use my stack of scrapbook paper and card stock I already have to make my own cute, personal envelopes to go with my cards.

Crafting is such a fun hobby!

Introducing, Stampin' Up's envelope punch board!


Yes, I did have to pay the cost of the tool, but it was considerably reasonable and now that I have it, I can start using all of my paper that has just been left sitting in my craft table because I can't figure out what to do with it.

What's really nifty about this tool is that it provides you with different envelope card sizes, the dimensions your paper needs to be, and the marking you need to start at to score your paper to create your envelope.


Not sure if you can really make out what that says, but the dimensions are all there.

By using this tool, I have already made several really cute envelopes I'm excited to use for various cards I will be making in the future.



Gotta love those polka dots!


And the purple of course! :)





And then you have your flowers! I'll probably be holding onto these until spring. I just happened to have the paper so I wanted to use it to make some envelopes. 

This tool is really handy! I highly recommend it, especially if you have a lot of paper you just don't know what to do with. Grab this tool, make some cards, and then use the extra paper to make your own envelopes for your cards. 

You can order your envelope punch board at the link listed below if you're interested. By going to this link, there is also a video on this page that shows you how to use the punch board. It is very simple, but it definitely helps to watch the video first.


Well, I hope you have some crafts of your own that you find help you be more resourceful. Please feel free to share some of these craft ideas in the comment section! I'd love to read about them. And I hope that some of the crafts I do are helpful to you as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment