Monday, September 16, 2013

Christmas Gift Idea #1: Card Box

Exactly 100 days until Christmas! :D Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year.

What do I love about Christmas?

  • Getting to celebrate Christ's birth with family and friends! I love watching The Nativity Story every year around Christmas. 
  • Baking Christmas cookies. (Although this year I might be making some Andes mint brownies. So delicious!)
  • Exchanging gifts with family and friends. 
  • The holiday cheer! :)
  • Singing and listening to Christmas carols. 
  • Seeing Christmas lights adorn the houses in town. 
  • Watching Christmas movies. I love How the Grinch Stole Christmas, White Christmas, and The Holiday. 
  • Drinking peppermint hot chocolate. 
  • Eating great Christmas food. 

It's a great time. :)

Until then, especially as fall approaches, I like to get ready for the holiday by thinking about some fun and creative gifts I can make to give my family and friends.

Christmas Gift Idea #1: Card Box. 



A great personal gift you can give to family or friends this Christmas is a card box.

You can purchase a cute, decorative box at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or other craft stores. I purchased this decorative box at Michael's. It was 40 percent off and I had a 15 percent off coupon for my entire purchase. Originally this box was $5.00 so I was able to buy it for under $3.00. Keep an eye out on the sale ads and you can find some great deals!

After getting your card box, you can get started on making the cards for the box. You can fill this box with about 10 to 12 cards (or however many you want), with envelopes, that you have made that the receiver can then give to others as occasions come about.

For instance, say you give this box to your grandmother for Christmas. Your grandmother knows that her niece's birthday is coming up but she doesn't have a card to give to her. Well, she can go look in her card box and find just that!

Be creative! Make a variety of cards that you know that person will enjoy having so they can then give those cards to friends or family for birthdays or weddings or Christmas, or other special occasions.

Here are some of the cards I made for this box:

 









If you don't have any materials for making cards, you can find stamps and ribbon and paper at your local craft stores or through Stampin' Up. My website is listed here: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/ngayle

I really love this gift idea because I know it is a gift that will be used by the recipients. My mother gave me a box of cards at one point in time and it was so handy to have, especially when my friends' birthdays came around. :)

I hope you enjoyed this post. Next week, I will be continuing my Christmas Gift Idea series with another fun and creative gift you can make for the holidays! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment