Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Crafting and Movies!

Talk about a fun Labor Day! I had an entire day making fun, fall crafts! :D And then my husband came home and we watched two movies that I had never seen before but know I probably should have seen a long time ago. Oh well, problem solved—I have officially seen The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles.

Since Michaels was having such a big sale today, I ventured out, got some supplies, and then came back home to start my crafts. Anyone else as ready for fall as I am? :) Well, now I have my wreath made and ready.


I have to say, I am pretty proud of it! I do have it hung up a bit early, but we're close enough to fall now, right?

I was looking at several fall wreath examples on Pinterest for ideas, but it all just came together today when I was shopping around Michaels. I love hay bales, but what in the world am I going to do with a hay bale at an apartment?! Well, I found this hay wreath at Michaels and thought it would be perfect! So happy with it and the fall flowers and leaves I found.

***

Another important craft I was able to make today was a gift bag for my dad's birthday present.


Since I started selling Stampin' Up, I thought it would be fun to make my own gift bags using my stamps. I usually go to Hobby Lobby and buy a bundle of 12 plain brown bags, decorate the outside with scrapbook paper, and then decorate the scrapbook paper with stamps. I've been really pleased with the results. If you would like to see some of the other gift bags I've made, check out my Etsy shop, http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftsbyNatasha?ref=search_shop_redirect.

***

All I have for fall decorations right now is a wreath, so I tried out some other fall craft ideas.


These would make fun candy bags for Halloween. I have some other favor bags like this on my Etsy shop you can check out.

***

I've always wanted to make one of these flower fans so I worked on this today too.




Isn't the little bat stamp super cute? "Happy Hallow-Wing!" :D

***

I still need to finish this last craft. I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it would make a cute banner.
You can check it out here: http://pinterest.com/pin/161496336611255961/




Now, as far as the movies go, I think some people will be shocked I hadn't seen these two movies until today—The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles.



Well, now I have seen them and can say I really liked them both. I thought Sixteen Candles was especially cute! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment