Monday, October 14, 2013

Christmas Gift Idea #5: Canvas Photo

Today I will be showing you a fun trick I found on Pinterest, which would make great little Christmas gifts for your family and friends! As always though, let's start with a fun Christmas clip to get us in the Christmas mood! :)




Christmas Gift Idea #5: Canvas Photo

Aaron and I got married a year and a half ago. We have quite a few wedding pictures and some family who have requested a couple of photos of us. With this fun Christmas gift idea, you take a wedding photo, a family photo, or a photo with your friends and then mod podge that photo onto a canvas. It's a great way to mount your photos and create cute little gifts. Here are the two I finished:


These didn't really photograph all that well, but they look great in person, trust me! :) For the first photo, I followed The Sassy Pepper's instructions.

She even adds a cute little element to the side of the canvas by using a few pieces of scrapbook paper to make a sort of frame. Here's how mine turned out:


As you can see from this photo, my picture was too small for this canvas so I used gray paint to create a frame-like look to it. I also need to go back and add maybe a cute ribbon that I can use to hang this. Since it is a canvas, I can always hang it up that way, but a ribbon might give it a little something extra. 

All you need for this craft is Mod Podge (you can find this at Hobby Lobby or Michaels, and I'm sure other craft stores), the photo you want to use, a sponge brush to use for spreading on the Mod Podge, and a canvas. The paint (and a paint brush) and scrapbook paper is optional. 

Get creative with this and be sure to check out Pinterest for other ideas similar to this. You can make some great gifts using photos, canvas, and mod podge. It's simple, it's easy, it's personal, it's inexpensive, and your friends and family will love it! :)

And please, if you do any of these crafts, share your creations with all of us! I believe you can just post the picture in a comment in the comment section. I would love to see what any of you come up with! 

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment