Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas Gift Idea #13: Bath & Body Works Gift Bundle

Only sixteen days until Christmas, can you believe it? It seems like November and December have just flown by! It doesn't really seem fair. This year I felt like we were cheated in a way. Thanksgiving came so late this year that it has felt like a mad dash to get everything ready for Christmas as soon as Thanksgiving came to an end. As a result, I don't really feel like I've been able to enjoy all of the Christmas festivities I so enjoy doing. (The ice storm that just hit Texas and kept everyone inside for days on end didn't really help either, but I did enjoy looking at the snow! So pretty!). This weekend, I've already told Aaron that we need to go ice skating and look at Christmas lights. :) It should be a fun-filled Christmas weekend before we head off the following weekend for Christmas in Oklahoma!

If you're in a rush to get those Christmas presents picked out and wrapped like I've been doing for the past few days, I hope I can be of some help. We are about to look at Christmas Gift Idea #13, but first, as always, here is another Christmas movie clip. (Disclaimer: I don't know if most of you consider this a Christmas movie, but for some reason I watch this movie every year at Christmas.)

The Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber



Christmas Gift Idea #13: Bath & Body Works Gift Bundle

Here is another easy gift idea for the holidays. The great thing about this gift is that it is already put together for you. All you have to do is pick out which one you want, add a tag or put it in a gift bag, and then give it to the person you have in mind! 

In the gifts' section on their website under $20 gifts and under, you can see several Bath and Body Works gift sets they have put together. (And if you celebrate Christmas after December 25th, that's even better. Whatever they have left gets marked down quite a lot so you can go back and get it after Christmas if need be!)

Another idea for buying a gift from Bath and Body Works is to go during the Buy 3 Get 3 sale. You can buy 3 lotions or shower gels from their signature section and get 3 of the same ones or different ones for free! It usually costs about $32 to do this, but then you can give a lotion or shower gel to each of your friends, or use them as stocking stuffers. That's about five dollars a person. I've done this on several occasions for the holidays. And if you are on their email list, you may even find a coupon you can use on top of that to get those lotions or shower gels for even less! 

I'm a huge fan of Bath and Body Works and highly recommend their products. I have been so busy lately though that I haven't been able to go in several months--although that is probably a good thing since I usually spend too much of my money on lotions and shower gels when I do go!

If you don't think lotions or shower gels are really what the people on your list would like, they also have kitchen and bathroom soaps that are almost always on sale, cute wallflowers that would make great gifts, and Aromatherapy lotions and soaps that are great for dry hands during the winter season! 

I hope this has been a help to you. There are only two weeks left in the Christmas Gift Idea series. Be sure to share these posts with your friends if you have found them helpful! I know many people are scurrying around right now trying to come up with inexpensive but personal gifts to give their friends and family and could really use some ideas.

***

Above all though, don't forget the reason for the season. It's easy to get wrapped up in buying gifts for our friends and family--which can be a great encouragement and loving thing to do for them--but don't sacrifice the time you should be spending with your family and reflecting on the meaning of the season to obsess over the gifts you are going to get for your loved ones. I've been guilty of this for sure. I love the joy receiving the gifts I've crafted or bought brings to my friends and family, but I have to remind myself that gifts aren't everything. They are only temporary things, mere objects that will one day pass away, but the time we spend with people and the encouraging words and love we offer them goes so much further and makes a lasting difference.

And for me, Christmas is a time that I celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ and what that means for all mankind. I am lucky to be able to celebrate this with much of my family and many of my friends. If you don't have friends and family around you you can celebrate with, take heart in knowing that you are not really alone. Your brothers and sisters around the world are rejoicing the birth of our Savior with you. That's such a cool thing for me to reflect on. Even though I haven't met all of the people who believe and have chosen to follow Christ around the world, we are all still one family, one body, waiting for our Savior to return again for us. Rejoice in knowing that our Savior has come, has conquered death, and has made a way for us! 

The Birth of Jesus Foretold

In the sixth month of Elizabeth's pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin's name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."

Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over Jacob's descendants forever; his kingdom will never end."

"How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?"

The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. For no word from God will ever fail."

"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May your word to me be fulfilled." Then the angel left her.

Luke 1: 26-38 (New International Version)

Until next time...

Tell me what you like to do to celebrate the holidays! 



No comments:

Post a Comment